Due to an extremely busy order book, our client, who have a strong presence in the North East region are looking for a Brake Press Operator to join them on a temporary to permanent basis. With flexible shifts available, the Brake Press Operator role is an excellent opportunity to progress your career within the engineering industry. Free car parking, early finishes on a Friday, career progression and job security are also offered as part of this Brake Press Operator role.
As a Brake Press Operator / Punch Operator, you will ideally have experience in the following areas:
- Tolerances in various Stainless, mild steels and Aluminium
- Able to work to drawings and to ensure all quality criteria are met
- Working with sheet metal or in a manufacturing background
- Flexible to work rotation dayshift / nightshift pattern
- Maintain company health and safety standards at all times
The Ideal Brake Press Operative Candidate will:
- Previously worked as a Brake Press Operator
- Have a strong work ethic, able to work part of a team as well as individually
- Be able to hit targets as required
Hours of work as a Brake Press Operator will be rotation day shift and night shift once working to the required level.
Dayshift is Monday to Thursday 06.00 - 15.00 and Friday 06.00 - 10.00
Nightshift is worked over 4 x days Monday to Thursday
As a Brake Press Operator, you will receive between £10.86 to 13.58 per hour through PAYE. A shift allowance payment is paid and overtime is also available at an enhanced rate.
If you are a brake press operator or have worked within a similar engineering role then we are very keen to speak with you as this is an excellent opportunity to secure long term temporary to permanent work with a leading company. We would also welcome any applications from cnc machine operatives or general operatives who have worked within a fabrication shop environment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please also contact us to see how else we may be able to help you in your search.