Our Client, based in Stanley, County Durham is a successful division of a larger group involved in the manufacture of parts for a wide variety of customers and products across different sectors. They are looking to recruit an Operations Manager (Director Designate) on a permanent basis to join the team due to an impending retirement.
• Reporting to the Managing Director
• Daily management of manufacturing, maintenance, quality, purchasing and engineering.
• Team leadership
• Ensure that quality and maintenance programs are adhered to
• Develop and ensure H&S procedures are followed
• Process improvements
• Ensure KPIs are monitored and achieved
• Supplier, contractor and senior management liaison
• Manage operations and sub-contract services
• Undertake team training and development
• It is essential that you have experience of the above in a medium sized manufacturing business at a senior level
• A management qualification as well as an HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering are desirable
• Proven leadership skills
• Have the motivation and drive to manage a team
• Able to negotiate and building relationships both externally and internally
• Able to identify and drive improvement processes
• Have excellent IT, report writing and budget control skills
In return the company are offering an attractive salary and benefits package including company car/allowance, bonus, life assurance, contribution pension scheme and 25 days holiday. There is also the opportunity to progress within the business.