Salary £33,757.00 Per year (including shift allowance
Shifts: 12 hr Dayshift and night shift (rotating pattern)
An established and leading manufacturing business is currently looking to recruit a number of Process Operators to join them at their facility in Northumberland. A Temporary to Permanent position, this is a great opportunity to be part of a company that has seen growth and investment over the years. Part of a global organisation, they are experiencing good levels of activity which has created the need to recruit additional staff to the overall business.
The Role / responsibilities
- As a process operator , you will report into Process leader / Senior process operator
- Perform a number of tasks involved in the manufacture and distribution of polymer plastic film products
- Work according to company procedures, standards, instructions and prescribed health and safety guidelines.
- Record production related information using standard documentation.
- Carry out regular housekeeping duties around the plant
- You will identify and eliminate waste
- Provide support to other manufacturing areas
- Has achieved a level of competence in a combination of tasks and inter-machine and multi-task flexibility.
- Experience in a lean and continuous improvement environment is beneficial
- IT literate
- Ability to work with others - works effectively with other team members; keep other team members informed on issues affecting them; uses humour to reduce tension at work.
- Committed to achieving results – has the tenacity to get the job done whatever the constraints and difficulties encountered.
- Communication skills – has the ability to pass on information clearly and concisely with a range of people whether spoken or written.
- Completer/Finisher – starts and controls a process or procedure and checks that work has been completed to the appropriate standard in terms of quantity and quality.
- Concern for quality and customer – works in an orderly manner and recognises the need for high quality work and the need to meet agreed standards and priorities.
- Decisive in action taken – chooses the best solution from several alternatives to resolve a problem or achieve standards and priorities.
- Disciplined in approach to work – follows plans or schedules; completes work to deadlines and ensures that all steps and actions are followed; ensures proper shift handover is completed.
- Adherence to standards – works according to training and laid down procedures; respects safety rules and the property at his/her disposal in the work area; respects colleagues and passes on information
- Must be flexible to work 12 hour shifts and weekends depending on shift rota
In return the company offer a very attractive salary, permanent prospects , career progression and subsidised canteen. If you have the above skills and are interested in a change, please apply submitting your CV to Kelburn recruitment
Kelburn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business in relation to the supply of temporary workers.No terminology in this advert. is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Candidates who do not have permission to live and work in the UK will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications we receive, please assume that you have not been successful if you do not receive a response within five working days.
Kelburn do not pay temporary workers through umbrella companies and only pay PAYE.