Warehouse & Distribution Manager
Competitive Basic salary + 32 Days Holiday (inc. Public Holidays) + Medical Insurance + Life Assurance + Performance Related Bonus
Kelburn Recruitment are working with a leading manufacturer of consumer products to assist them in finding a Warehouse & Distribution Manager on a permanent basis. This is a rare opportunity to join an evolving business.
The Warehouse & Distribution Manager will report into the Site Manager and will have 4 direct reports. This a strategic position and the successful Candidate will provide operational support to ensure the running of the warehouse and dispatch areas are efficient and cost effective. Communication within the business will be key, so the Warehouse & Distribution Manager will ensure clear channels are open between their own and other departments within the business, as well as with customers and suppliers. This role will take on responsibility for the implementation of health and safety procedures, introduction and maintenance of continuous improvement initiatives and will work to meet all KPIs and targets set.
- Take on responsibility for Planning, Budgets, People and Resources
- Ensure quality control checks are carried out effectively
- Use coaching and performance management to develop staff
- Involve wider team in problem solving within the warehouse function
The Ideal Candidate Will
- Have a minimum of 5 years in a similar role within warehousing and distribution
- Be experienced in implementing LEAN tools and techniques
- Have a high level of IT knowledge and experience of using SAP or recognised ERP/MRP system
- Hold a relevant management qualification and work experience in a management role
- Use first class communication skills at all times to engage the team
- Have a driven management style whilst remaining people-focused at all times